Learn how we recommend you clean your makeup brushes, save your face and your wallet.
Did you know that dirt and germs build up in our makeup brushes? Applying products with dirty applicators can clog pores and spread bacteria, causing unwanted breakouts! Keep your skin clear and clean by washing your brushes at least once a month. Use the guide below to help keep your brushes clean and healthy for your skin.
Products you’ll need:
- Baby shampoo (it’s gentle yet effective)
- Running water
- Clean towel for drying
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
1) Wet brush. Keeping the tip of the brush pointed down, apply shampoo from the palm of your hand onto the brush. Swirl the bristles around in your hand, then rinse thoroughly.
2) Repeat the above process until the water runs clear.
3) Squeeze the excess water out of the brush.
4) Lightly spritz the damp brush with rubbing alcohol to clean any lingering germs.
5) Lay brush flat on a clean towel to dry overnight.
(Tip: Never stand the brushes upright to dry. Water will leak into the handle and loosen the glue, causing the brush to eventually break.)